Friday, January 31, 2014

Life in San Luis Obispo

Now that I've been living in San Luis Obispo for a few months, I realized that I needed to give little recognition to this tiny town.

Firstly, my school, Cal Poly is awesome!  Living in the dorms isn't all that great, but its an experience at that.  As for the food, living on a dining plan is useful, but at the same time I hate it.  After eating the same food for 3 months in a row, you start to get tired of it.  However, we do have a frozen yogurt shop on campus called "Yogurt Creations" which is definitely a plus (especially after a hard midterm or final!)
YoCray
Another little snack that I'm so thankful for at Cal Poly is the late night waffle deal.  My friends and I have decided to limit ourself to waffles once a month, but they are just so good!  Whipped cream, blueberries and syrup are the perfect combo!

With the addition of discovering the waffle, my friends and I have also discovered the Burger Bar.  The Burger Bar is the "fancy place" on campus and they serve amazing gourmet burgers.  Last time I went I had a three bean burger and my friends tried the jalapeƱo burger!
Finally, every Thursday night there is a Farmers Market in downtown San Luis Obispo.  Ive only gone a few times, but it's always fun and always has plenty of foods to try.  Currently I have tried both the asian fried noodles and the roasted corn on the cob (with all the fixings).

No comments:

Post a Comment