Friday, January 31, 2014

Hannahs Annual trip to Lake Chelan

Waiting in line for our breakfast
After I left Spokane, it was time for me to spend some vacation time with my family.  We have been going to Lake Chelan for the past 9 years, and we have had lots of memories over the past few years.  As a tradition, one morning we all wake up and head out to a unique breakfast cafe/house called Blueberry Hills.  From the name you can probably guess what they are famous for!  We decided to go on a Sunday this year, which probably wasn't the smartest idea because we had to wait in line for about half an hour.  But it was definitely worth it.  My mom and I ordered the Danish Yeast waffles, which my brother, Adam, and I swear tastes like beer.  My brother ordered the Barn Waffles, which were topped with delicious blueberry pie filling and some fresh whipped cream.  And my dad ordered the eggs benedict.   We spent a long time eating our breakfast and had a chat with one of the owners and some people at the tables around us.  

Mom and I shared a fruit plate

Moms and My Danish Waffles
Dads Eggs Benedict
 After we finished our breakfast we went out for a quality family hike.  We were a bit worried that the car wasn't going to make it as we quickly ran out of gas at the top of a mountain, but we ended up fine. We hiked for about an hour on the trails "lollipop, tootsie-roll and whoop-di-do."  The temperature was perfect and we had a great day out.






Adam and I with our trusty Land Rover
Hiking

No comments:

Post a Comment