Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Korean, Teriyaki and some Bubble Tea

Starter (soup with all the fixings)
 So...back to Seattle!  Yesterday, Tyler and I had our first counselor training meeting for Camp Casey (a week long overnight camp put on by Kiwanis).  The meeting held at a church right outside of the UW campus, and since we got there an hour and a half early, and it was about dinner time, we decided to begin our search for food.  Now, as a teenager living very close to the ave (UW's main street of restaurants), I know that there is a large amount of Thai, Vietnamese, and Chinese restaurants, but I had never found a place that served Korean food.  So, after about 20 minutes of walking up and down the ave we stopped at a place that serves not only Korean food, but also had a wide selection of Japanese and Chinese food, unfortunately i cant remember the name.
Tylers Korean bowl
Firstly, pictured above, Tyler and I recived a genouruous starter, which we were not expecting at all.  It was some sort of soup, possibly miso or egg flower, accompanied with broccoli, kimchi, potatoes (that looked like seasoned lemons) and some other dish that we couldn't distinguish.  When it came to ordering, Tyler decided to be adventurous and ordered a Korean dish.  I'm not sure as to what it was called, but I know that it was rice topped with an egg, carrots, sprouts, beef and greens.  I thought it tasted great, but lacked a little flavor.  On the other hand I had a veggie bento box.  It consisted of fried tofu, fried spring rolls, rice and a salad.  I think both of us agreed that the tofu was the best we had tried for a while.  In addition, the spring rolls were great!  I believe that we were both very pleased with this place.
Hannahs veggie bento box

Cookies and Taro on right, Rio Bravo on left
After we went for dinner we attended our meeting.  I recognized a few of my friends from last year, and I think that Tyler made some new friends.  Once the meeting was over we decided on going to my FAVORITE bubble tea place...WOW.  I'm obsessed with this place, and since we have have meetings for the next three Mondays at a place very close to here, we will be making weekly bubble tea runs.  Today I had the Rio Bravo (papaya, orange, pineapple and some other fruit) and Tyler had the cookies and taro (taro, oreos and vanilla icecream).  We will be posting our next bubble tea adventure next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment