Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Theos Chocolate Tour





Last night right before I was about to go to bed my mom asked me if I wanted to go to the Theo Chocolate Factory tour tomorrow.  How could I say no to CHOCOLATE!!  So the next day we headed down to North Seattle, and ended up at Theo's.  As soon as we got out of the car we were overwhelmed with the sweet, chocolatey smell coming from the window of the factory.

 We arrived at the tour ready to learn all about chocolate...and try some on the way (:  Our tour guide was great and let us know where all the cocoa beans come from (south america and africa) and the process of making chocolate.  Getting to try EVERY KIND of Theo's chocolate was definitely the best part.  The dark chocolate is amazing, but I think my favorite kind was the ginger chocolate bar.  The tour was only $10 and now I know my facts about chocolate making and got a free limited edition chocolate bar too!!  Well worth it (:

Me and my free chocolate
After we had our fun at Theos, my mom had a coupon for some sausages at Uli's in Pike Place, so we headed down there.  Both of us had also heard about Rachels Ginger Beer at Pike Place, so we decided to go grab a drink.  I had the blueberry ginger beer, and my mom tried the Moscow Mule (ginger beer and vodka).  They were both super, super strong, but well worth it.  We had a great mother daughter day, and got to try some amazing chocolate and ginger beer!


No comments:

Post a Comment