Tuesday, July 22, 2014

4th of July and Eating Cheap at Pike Place


Okay, so Tyler wasn't here for the fourth of July unfortunately, but it doesn't mean that I don't get to do some food experimentation...So, for the 4th, I put my skills to a test and decided to make a red white and blue cake!  I made different colored layers and put them together to make a masterpiece!  I lie, maybe it wasn't all that great (the blue looked really green), but it tasted great and was 100% vegan!! I even bought it to our friends house and they couldn't even tell it was a vegan, natural creation(: props to me!

A little later, around the beginning of July, Ty came home for a few days.  He had to take leave so that he could bring his car back to Virginia with him, but we made the most of those days.  The day before he left we decided to go to one of our favorite places in Seattle, Pike Place Public Market.  We tend to go to Pike Place every summer and winter, and it is ALWAYS beautiful. 

               
So, me being a broke college student, and Tyler, a man who wants to save his money, we decided to try to get as much food/variety for our money.  This being said, we scavenged the market trying to find some cheap bites that would excite our tastebuds.  First we found a small greek-ish place  near the entrance.  We got a small baklava for about $1.75. It was delicious but messy!! Then we decided to get some dolmathes from the same place ($3).  These things were super super yummy-grapeleaves rapped around rice and drenched with olive oil.


Happily reunited


Next we tried some Hom Bow ($1.75) from another little food stand along the main drag of Pike Place.  I had never tired this food before, but now I can say that I have.  I wasn't a huge fan, it wasn't as hot as I thought it would be, and it was lacking taste.  In addition, we ordered the vegetable Hom Bow, and it tasted really sweet and syrupy...definitely not good for us at all... 
So our last stop on our adventure was to a chocolate shop.  We got some chocolate dipped goodies (an Oreo and a pretzel)  these also came to about $3, and was a great way to finish up a day.  Every day is an adventure for us (: Stay tuned, I have just booked my ticket to Virginia to see Tyler, so there will be plenty of new adventure there too!
Vegan Chocolate covered oreo







No comments:

Post a Comment