Saturday, June 7, 2014

Blast From the Past - Tyler's Return


I'm back world!  After being away and not able to experience life as much as I used to be (being in the military and all)  I've finally had the opportunity to meet up with Hannah and have as many more adventures as we can!  Back in March we had the opportunity to spend the day together in Palm Springs, CA (Hannah has already posted a little bit on it).  Hannah was going down with her parents to spend spring break and my base is only about an hour away so naturally we met up for about 24 hours :)

Hannah's hummus plate
Our first night, after getting picked up by Hannah and family, we all decided to go our separate ways finding a place to eat dinner.  So, Hannah and I being people to hunt for a little while before finding a good place to eat, went across the street from the hotel to a nice little market area with a bustling night life and some very nice looking restaurants.  After some wandering we decided on "The Grill", which was just in the center of all this gastronomical opportunity.
Fish tacosss
 The place was quite busy and seemed to cater toward the millions of middle aged /40 something-year-olds wine enthusiasts in California, given that they asked us if we wanted to be seated in the bar (always makes us feel special being mistaken for somebody older than we actually are!).  Anyways, the place was hopping, and the music was a good addition to the environment.  I'm really enjoying this area of California, given how friendly the people are and how much great food there is at our fingertips!  We settled into the place and got to know the menu real well.  I had been craving some good fish tacos for AGES, and seeing that they came with avocado I made a quick and good choice.  Hummus and accompanied sides such as veggie and bread are always a hit with us two, so she made another good choice with that.  When the food came it did not disappoint!  I loved how the tortillas were perfectly grilled to make a little crunch and soft and warm.  in addition the fish was grilled to the point where it made a perfect balance between wet and dry to make a delicious tasting fish taco!  And the avocado?  Well, what is there to say :).  Hannah's hummus plate was exactly what we asked for, and it was a great combination of classic chickpea hummus with a new twist.  we both love greek olives, and the smooth vinegary flavor of the olives seeped into the hummus like a summer rain on a field.  Absolutely great.

Basking like reptiles

The rest of our time together was spend with a little (or a lot) of sunbathing by the pool at our hotel,along with many little talks catching up as much as we can with our physical time!  Remember the promise ring I gave Hannah for christmas too?  Well she presented me with one of my own!  as seen below.  Now i have a symbol of her affection just as she does!  I love it and always keep it on me or close to me.  Engraved on the inside it says "Forever and Always 8/6/12", our anniversary.
My promise ring!
Stay tuned there's a lot more coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment