Saturday, February 1, 2014

Home for the Holidays.

On December 14th I came back to my wonderful home in Kenmore, Washington.  As luck has it, Tyler got to home for the holidays too!!  We were able to celebrate together.  The celebrations began with my birthday on Dec. 18th.  My family (+Tyler and my brothers girlfriend) went to Seattle to ride on the carousel and have a nice dinner at Thai Ginger.  It was so much fun, and a lovely way to welcome me into my 19th year.
The cake that my Mom ordered for my birthday was from Hoffmanns Bakery.  This cake is literally heaven.  Marzipan and whipped cream for days.  After having this cake on my brothers birthday last year, I was obsessed; this may have just "stolen the cake" as being the best part of my birthday.  

Tyler and I then celebrated my birthday together a few days later.  We opted for going out for a fancy dinner at The Barking Frog in Woodinville (next to Willows Lodge).  This restaurant is very expensive, but we decided that we needed to treat ourselves since we hardly ever see each other.  Tyler wore his dress blues and I wore a nice dress.  For the appetizer we shared a beet salad, which was super fancy.  There wasn't much food, but the presentation was amazing!  Unfortunately we didn't take photos of the food since we decided that would be a little odd in such a fancy place.  For the main course Tyler ordered blackened salmon, and I got gnocchi(:  We were about to look at the dessert menu when our waiter came out with 2 desserts and a card!  A lovely couple had ordered us dessert and payed for us because Tyler was in uniform.  Tyler got a peanut buttery chocolate fancy dessert, while I had a sponge sort of dessert with caramelized carrots.  Even better, as we were about to pay, the waiter came to us and said that another couple had taken care of the bill!!! By far the best birthday dinner ever...and free!! And my birthday gift was beautiful.  A promise ring (with diamonds and a tanzanite jewel).  Im so thankful that we were able to spend the holidays together!

No comments:

Post a Comment