Monday, June 3, 2013

Tofu and a night to remember

Hannah and I have jumped around to soo many places that sometimes it is hard for me to keep up with where we go, when, and finding the time to post it!  Anyways I sifted through some photos on my phone to see what I needed to post and it turns out I was depriving our page of some good stuff and good places.  But not to worry, I'm catching up!  So Hannah and I had our senior prom a little bit ago, definitely a night to go down in history :)  But I'm here to talk about the food part of it, which will also go down in history!
 So, our prom group decided on a place in Seattle (convenient and fun since the dance was at the EMP) called Wild Ginger.  Hannah and I have always been the biggest fans of Asian food in general, but in all honesty I CAN"T put my finger on what country this food is supposed to be from.  Lets give you all some vantage point: if there was a strange mystical country in the middle of China, Thailand, and Vietnam, it would be called Wild Ginger.  This place was incredible no matter what Asian kitchen it came from.  To start we got some drinks other than water (her and I are huge believers in ordering water).  On the right is Hannah's drink which was called the Peachy Keen.  Very fruity and sweet, and peachy!  It was almost like a thawed smoothie.  On the left was my drink, which was a raspberry ginger ale.  I have to be honest: not as good as i expected.  Quite bitter and not enough ginger taste.  But good enough to drink given the price :)
On to the main attraction!  Ordering off of the vegan menu in this place really was nothing to miss out on, they had vegan versions of many things on the menu, and less expensive!  Ordering two plates between us never means we stick exclusively to our plates.  We go APE on both!  On the left was a plate that Hannah's neighbor even recommended to us called the Seven Flavor Tofu.  Holy schneikes.  It may only say seven flavors but I tasted more flavors than I could ever point out in a can of Dr Pepper.  Directly on the sweet and tender tofu was a teriyaki and hoisin flavor off the bat, something I've never experienced before.  The textures of this dish were perfectly crafted with the tofu being firm but tender and the refreshing crunch of bean sprouts underneath.  Definitely the dish to try at Wild Ginger.  On the right was one that we chose without help, called Rama Setu.  This dish was made a little bit more like a curry, having a more stew-like consistency.  Tofu of course, with sweet potato, onion and lots of curry flavor.  The red curry flavor was awesome. Something that I wasn't expecting from this.  But soo worth it :)

Boy I'm tired tonight, but I have more to do, and I promise I'm writing another post tomorrow night!  I've got more to show.  In the meantime Hannah and I have found ourselves down to crunch time before our trip to England in less than two weeks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment